Upcoming project: Creativity, Form and Function.

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Ok, things are still moving along. Gunshot PVC is now fully painted and ready to go. I let cure a week then rinse. There will be minimal mesh at the bottom.

blue pipes.jpg

Reactions: AR1

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
The t-joints are now done and will be used as small caves. I had some leftover pvc sitting around (schedule 80 gray) 1 foot by 3 inches. It will make a nice tunnel cave.

view 1.jpg

view 2.jpg

view 3.jpg

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Those of you with good memory might remember this LARGE piece of schedule 80 gray pvc. It was originally painted in black plasti-dip but peeled some after the synos kept rasping on it. This also was used as a cave for my chocolate Bobo!

It's not quite where I want it...needs a bit more work with shadings. If you want to spend the money, large diameter pvc is the way to go for really big fish. I prefer the gray because you need far less paint/surface deco and the darker interior is more natural to the fish (looks better in the tank too). A lot pricier than the pvc 40 at large sizes though but a nice splurge if you have a big cichlid that loves caves. Interior diameter on this is 6 inches, length a foot.

As soon as I glue the intake stems on the powerheads the filters will be ready for testing. If I can fit a heater in the tops I'll do that too.

view 4.jpg

view 5.jpg

view 6.jpg

view 7.jpg

Reactions: AR1
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store