Saratoga In a 4.5 ft tank with geophagus red head tapajos

BaenM

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2024
I currently have a 4.5ft Tank, someone i know has a 15cm saratoga for sale and they have always been a bucket list fish for me, i want to know if the tank is big enough for him? i have 5 geopahgus tapajos and the tank is around 120 gallons, the tank is tall at around 70cm or 27 inches as well as being 50cm deep from the wall, there is a central overflow which would take up a bit of his space but i think there should be enough. LMKScreenshot 2024-05-06 at 3.26.20 pm.png

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
I currently have a 4.5ft Tank, someone i know has a 15cm saratoga for sale and they have always been a bucket list fish for me, i want to know if the tank is big enough for him? i have 5 geopahgus tapajos and the tank is around 120 gallons, the tank is tall at around 70cm or 27 inches as well as being 50cm deep from the wall, there is a central overflow which would take up a bit of his space but i think there should be enough. LMKView attachment 1541806
Both Jardini and Leichardti are sometimes referred to as Saratoga so I'm unsure if you're aware of the one you're getting. The one pictured which I imagine is the fish for sale and the one you're interested in is a Jardini. A Jar is going to eclipse 24" meaning it'll be longer than your tank is deep, and it'll probably be more than half the length of your tank. Combine that with Jars reputation for being aggressive and your tank would be quickly outgrown, and your other fish probably killed or damaged by the Jar. Sorry but your tank is too small to house a Jar for anything but a short period of time.

AR1

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
kingdom of saudi arabia, riyadth
Both Jardini and Leichardti are sometimes referred to as Saratoga so I'm unsure if you're aware of the one you're getting. The one pictured which I imagine is the fish for sale and the one you're interested in is a Jardini. A Jar is going to eclipse 24" meaning it'll be longer than your tank is deep, and it'll probably be more than half the length of your tank. Combine that with Jars reputation for being aggressive and your tank would be quickly outgrown, and your other fish probably killed or damaged by the Jar. Sorry but your tank is too small to house a Jar for anything but a short period of time.
+1000

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store