Goonch Catfish (Bagarius) ID and Care Guide 1.01

GeorgeHaddaway15

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2017
Crested Butte, Colorado
Anyone know the ID of this one? Found it on craigslist in Denver. I just need to know if it's a highland giant, as that's what I want for my cold water pond.

00b0b_iWE4Lm46o2o_600x450.jpg

Reactions: tlindsey

Jiyowel

ATF Master in Training
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2019
Is this a bagarius suchus? Correct me if I'm wrong

Screenshot_20200617-041227728.jpg

Tmthjnth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2019
20201125_151335.jpg
Already kept this guy for over 5 months, only seen it ate 3-4 times... im basically keeping a pet rock ?? But its a wild caught fish so im not really worried as long as it still eat. Cant wait for it to become a monster !!!
(Bagarius sp. INDOCHINA, From Sumatra)

CC N

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2021
In my VN collection trip i saw they sell tiny little catfishes called dwarf goonch which are native. There are about 3 sp of bagarius in VN but the most pipular is B.Rutilus

Reactions: ILOVESHARKS

Goban

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2011
jakarta
Hi guys, can anyone help with the ID? Importer claims fishes come from India , i know its not B.Baga for sure . i have kept a lot of B.B in the past and even this shipment the B.B came together with this fish. Is it safe to assume that it is B.Yarelli? since there are 2 species from india and its not B.B?bagaaa.pngbagagaaa.jpgbabaga.jpgBAGABAGA.jpgbaga.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/EDKZmRdCV2w

Video of the ?? Gonch with 2 B. Bagarius
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/AnZYRFVRv6c

Starting to have my doubts when i see pics of B.Vegandris the new dwarf species. the head shape is similar to my indian . but can it be the dwarf?coz i ve read that the dwarf species is from vietnam / indochina area

bbb.jpg

one more note to add, the fish eats very aggressively and always go chase for food nowadays . (compared to the time they just arrived for few days, they wait for the food to come instead they goes crazy whenever frozen shrimps / meat touch the water). They have been feeding on frozen food already without training ever since they came.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store