It is looking stunning Chicxulub Chicxulub

Love all the colours on it

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Great looking fish! How do you get those effects in the water?

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Was just the lighting :)

Reactions: Chicxulub

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Was just the lighting :)
Where you referring to the shimmer effect on the back of the tank?

If so, I get that from using three 1500 lumen full spectrum LED spotlights and having a fair amount of surface agitation. It looks amazing, but as you can see it makes that stupid algae grow out of control. That's actually a mixed blessing though, because between that and my pothos colony I don't think I could get over 20 ppm no3 if I wanted to.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
If so, I get that from using three 1500 lumen full spectrum LED spotlights and having a fair amount of surface agitation. It looks amazing, but as you can see it makes that stupid algae grow out of control. That's actually a mixed blessing though, because between that and my pothos colony I don't think I could get over 20 ppm no3 if I wanted to
I know the feeling! Some pretty powerful lights there, I keep all my fish planted and nitrates are always <10 haha. A kitchen sponge is your best friend, deals with the soft brown algae easy peasy. Green spot is a mission though :(

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
I know the feeling! Some pretty powerful lights there, I keep all my fish planted and nitrates are always <10 haha. A kitchen sponge is your best friend, deals with the soft brown algae easy peasy. Green spot is a mission though :(
Most people don't like how it looks but honestly? I think it looks natural and I kinda like it. I only worry about it on the front glass.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store