First step toward my dream build

bluehand

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2010
Yorktown Indiana
I lke that big fat bike wheel! And it really cracks me up how you "Stumble on things" (Mafia Glass!) and "Happen Upon" things, and I'm glad you are adding more windows. I Support You!
I am keeping my fingers crossed that when the build is complete I can maybe "happen upon" some frickin sharks with laser beams!! 🤣🤣🤣🤔

• Haha
Reactions: Parka

driftdiver

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2006
Delray Beach, Florida
Another option would be keep the waterfall completely separate from the tank itself. Yes, this renders it purely aesthetic but you don’t need to worry about heat loss.

Parka

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2021
Gwinnett County, Ga.
I am keeping my fingers crossed that when the build is complete I can maybe "happen upon" some frickin sharks with laser beams!! 🤣🤣🤣🤔
Sometimes you just have to part with some big bucks in this hobby, you are way ahead of the curve, that way maybe you can splurge on some great choices for tank mates. I would be amused if you used it as a dunk tank too, with Great Big Piranha, OUCH!

bluehand

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2010
Yorktown Indiana
update please!
Demo has begun. From the picture looking out the front door the 2 tanks on the right have been removed, the 300 on the left will stay and that whole area in between plus some will be the tank.
The picture looking in from the front door you can see a arch fireplace to the left behind the tank that is currently being removed to give me room for the sump behind that wall.
Unfortunately we had some wicked weather here a few weeks back and one of the trees out back decided to join us for a night on the couch. That is currently being addressed but it kind of worked out for me because I had planned to do most of this build by myself.
So long story even longer we are out of town for a couple weeks while everything gets put back together but when I get back it will be a clean slate ready to go. I have pretty much everything I need for the build waiting in my garage. Updates very very soon!

IMG_20240513_175423350.jpg

IMG_20240513_175344109.jpg

• Love
Reactions: AR1 and Dutchaj
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store