Flowerhorn bloated white tube coming out of anus not doing good

Bjohn39

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2024
Have you tested your water?
No
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
51-60%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every week
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
I just noticed today that my flowerhorn around 2 inches was down at the bottom and not eating his anus had a white tube coming out and just in one day today he went from swimming around to laying at the bottom barely breathing and he won’t even eat peas please help just did another 50% water change

IMG_3214.jpeg

Bjohn39

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2024
He was at the bottom dead when I went outside again his belly was very white and I'm not sure why he was eating and swimming fine the day before. Could it have been stress ich? Thanks for anyone's help. I have another flowerhorn 2 incher and he seems to be doing fine so hopefully it doesn't happen to him as well.

dmyersWv

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2022
Unfortunately this is not uncommon in flowerhorns. They are being produced for looks and not for longevity or health. Many people I know have lost their flowerhorns due to digestive issues. Wish you better luck with your remaining fish.

Bjohn39

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2024
Unfortunately this is not uncommon in flowerhorns. They are being produced for looks and not for longevity or health. Many people I know have lost their flowerhorns due to digestive issues. Wish you better luck with your remaining fish.
Yeah it sucks these beautiful fish came from such a bad health wise life

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store