Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Kolt……. I’m reporting you. Lol

“The Boy Scouts’ $2.4bn bankruptcy reorganization plan took effect last year, allowing the organization to keep operating while compensating the more than 80,000 men who say they were sexually abused as children while scouting.

Like other organizations, the scouts lost members during the pandemic, when participation was difficult. After a highpoint over the last decade of over 2 million members in 2018, the organization currently services just over 1 million youths, including more than 176,000 girls and young women. Membership peaked in 1972 at almost 5 million.”

Hmmmmmmm

Reactions: koltsixx

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada

Reactions: koltsixx

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
Kolt……. I’m reporting you. Lol

“The Boy Scouts’ $2.4bn bankruptcy reorganization plan took effect last year, allowing the organization to keep operating while compensating the more than 80,000 men who say they were sexually abused as children while scouting.

Like other organizations, the scouts lost members during the pandemic, when participation was difficult. After a highpoint over the last decade of over 2 million members in 2018, the organization currently services just over 1 million youths, including more than 176,000 girls and young women. Membership peaked in 1972 at almost 5 million.”

Hmmmmmmm
:banhim:😲Guess I gotta infract myself. 😥🤣

I guess I should've done some research. I knew about the lawsuits didn't know about the bankruptcy and should've guessed about the declining membership.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Ha ha, no worries amigo. All good. My wife watched a special recently regarding all the perv scout leaders. I think it was on Netflix. I didn’t have the stomach for most of it.

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
Hello; I do not recall how funds were acquired. Parents paid some for three weeks of summer camp at Camp Sequoyia on Norris Lake. Do not think we sold cookies or any such.
My mom ran the Cub Scouts, and later in the Boy Scouts they were run by young guys from the Air Force base, who were all excellent. Pilots and navigators and martial arts instructors. My dad was a three war man, (radar/computers/microwaves) so to me those guys were the best of the best.

We sold tickets, door to door, to this thing they called the Boy Scout Jamboree, to make money.

Scouts came from around the state to the convention center in Phoenix where we had exhibitions of outdoor cooking and camping skills, canoe making and sail making, building rough shelters, marksmanship, map reading and trail marking….really all the “merits” for which the various badges were awarded.

Unfortunately when Dad went off to Vietnam we moved across the country, and I was never urged to re-join scouting. ***

My sister was a Girl Scout and my mother had the Brownies when we were little. They were both involved with the Girl Scouts for many years.

*** Not that my education was neglected. When my dad came back from Vietnam he taught me to shoot a rifle and a pistol.

He taught me how to change oil and spark plugs and thermostats and brake shoes. All the things to maintain a car.

I learned welding and machine work and many useful things that I still use today, years after having retired from being a computer desk jockey.

Last edited:
Reactions: skjl47
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store