Treating Stingrays with Ich

Ansorgii

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 31, 2016
South-West-Germany
How do you all suggest I proceed?
Water changes are 30-50% or more every 3 days at the moment. Temp is at 77F
I would crank up that temp to at least 30°C and ad salt. I can't tell what it is in the picture, but it is in the slime coat and that definetely helps.

Plecos and salt are gambling, so maybe try to remove and treat him seperately, the other fish all can take it, and I would try to focus on them.

I wouldn't mess with salt or any other treatments. There's science behind this stuff, and the formulation in Rid Ich or Ich-X is what is proven to actually work.
There is "science" behind salt and higher temps aswell, and you will find plenty to tell you how good and when it works, and when it doesnt, its just as proven. Rid Ich contains malachitgreen/copper, that will get rid of the Stingray aswell.

I personally treat Ich just with temps and tannins, and had no loss since.

CaptainAquatics

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 25, 2020
I would crank up that temp to at least 30°C and ad salt. I can't tell what it is in the picture, but it is in the slime coat and that definetely helps.

Plecos and salt are gambling, so maybe try to remove and treat him seperately, the other fish all can take it, and I would try to focus on them.

There is "science" behind salt and higher temps aswell, and you will find plenty to tell you how good and when it works, and when it doesnt, its just as proven. Rid Ich contains malachitgreen/copper, that will get rid of the Stingray aswell.

I personally treat Ich just with temps and tannins, and had no loss since.
What dosage of salt? Reduced dose or regular dose?

CaptainAquatics

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 25, 2020
I think I’m going to do 1 cup (16 tablespoons) of salt. The “regular” does age of 1 tablespoon for 5 gallons of water would give me roughly 30 tablespoons to treat the whole tank (it’s a roughly 150-170 gallon system) so I’m doing a about half dose.

I’ve also cranked up the temp.

Reactions: Ansorgii
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store