Want to Create a 10 Gallon Shrimp Tank: Where do I Begin?

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Also I have a question for those who know about nano fish, would this be an ok stocking for my tank?

6 Celestial Pearl Danios, 4 Blue Neon Gobies and 6-10 Blue Shrimp

Or this:

1 Chocolate Gourami, another kind of goby (not certain yet) and 6-10 Shrimp

0wen_96

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2020
Wallingford, PA
Also I have a question for those who know about nano fish, would this be an ok stocking for my tank?

6 Celestial Pearl Danios, 4 Blue Neon Gobies and 6-10 Blue Shrimp

Or this:

1 Chocolate Gourami, another kind of goby (not certain yet) and 6-10 Shrimp
Is this going to be a breeding tank? Or purely just display? Any fish would and will eat baby shrimp if the shrimps breed. If you want to breed shrimp and keep fish in the same place, maybe let the shrimp get a head start and have some more coverage (plants, hidey holes, etc). Ofc I haven't bred shrimp or kept CPDs so take my word with a grain of salt 😅😅😅

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Well darn...I have a sad update yet again. My archerfish growout is dead. RIP Spitfire. Honestly I didn't really plan for this, so I will have to think about my next move.

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Is this going to be a breeding tank? Or purely just display? Any fish would and will eat baby shrimp if the shrimps breed. If you want to breed shrimp and keep fish in the same place, maybe let the shrimp get a head start and have some more coverage (plants, hidey holes, etc). Ofc I haven't bred shrimp or kept CPDs so take my word with a grain of salt 😅😅😅
I want it to be a display tank but I was growing out my archerfish in it. But now that he is dead, I will have to plan how I will carry on. The ghost shrimp I had in the tank were not there for display, there were purely clean up crew, ig I'll either put them in the main tank and see how long they will last or take them to the fish store for some credit and start over.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store