How’s the weather?

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Aside from missing the changing seasons, that's another big reason why I don't think that living so close the Equator is all that appealing; as a guy who typically sleeps 5 - 6 hours nightly, I love the long days and short nights of summer; more daylight to enjoy the outdoors.

Today, 23May, you have 12 hours 28 minutes of daylight. Your sunset...a quick sunset...occurs before 6pm. By comparison, up here in non-Paradisical Canuckistan, my day today will be 15 hours 54 minutes long...the sun will set more slowly when it does finally set, at almost 9:30pm...and we're still almost a month away from the summer solstice, when we will have well over 16 hours of daylight. Your solstice will produce just a hair over 13 hours of daylight. Sunrise is virtually the same in both places, around 5:20 - 5:30am.

Back when my wife and I would go south for vacations, it was usually during winter...and I always felt cheated by the fact that, while those vacation days were warm and pleasant...or often hot and not so pleasant...they were just as abbreviated as the days I had just left. So much to do...so little daylight in which to do it. I can't just lay on the beach like a comatose lizard, soaking up sunshine; what a waste of time! :)

Reactions: Chet E. and RD.

Chet E.

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2021
Minnesota
Last week that tubifex worms reappeared in a catchment pond near my work. Last year I failed in gathering any successfully. But, I'll try again.IMG_20240523_113653286_HDR~2.jpg

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
I've made a few mistakes over the years by placing fish outdoors a little too early, only to be surprised by a late cold snap that forced re-location back indoors. So this year I have been resolute; the periods of treacherous warm sunny weather didn't fool me. Considering that we had snow a couple days ago...there was about 4 inches of the white stuff on the ground just to the west of me!...I think I chose wisely. We also had a frost warning last two nights; the stock tanks are all well below 50F. But the warmth is starting to return, with 70F and higher called for starting day after tomorrow.

Summer is almost here...I can't blink because I might miss it! :) Fish go outside June 1. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store