Is this a gold based flowerhorn???

F1FlowerHornA1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2015
This was sold to me as a gold based flowerhorn, never seen one as a juvenile before so unsure. Another mfk member, aquatic aggresion, thought it might be a parrot cross. Other opinions pleasee?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

F1FlowerHornA1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2015
I think it's been acting waaay too aggresive (since the day I got him - 4 days ago) to be a parrot.

the animal guy

Arapaima
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2009
I don't know for sure but the tail flares out like a male

Aquatic Aggression

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2011
I think it's been acting waaay too aggresive (since the day I got him - 4 days ago) to be a parrot.
My kkp has ripped all kinds of fish to ribbons. I watched her carry a 5" bristlenose pleco in her mouth across the entire length of her tank recently. Parrots are just as aggressive as any ca cichlid it's just their mouth shape limits the amount of damage they can do. This fish looks to be a parrot cross. Let's see a better picture of the mouth and eyes.

F1FlowerHornA1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2015
My kkp has ripped all kinds of fish to ribbons. I watched her carry a 5" bristlenose pleco in her mouth across the entire length of her tank recently. Parrots are just as aggressive as any ca cichlid it's just their mouth shape limits the amount of damage they can do. This fish looks to be a parrot cross. Let's see a better picture of the mouth and eyes.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store