Show off/ brag n thread

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
Well it isnt astronomical. Usually a 4 bedroom house with some garden can go for 70-100 thousand USD. i am not 100% sure but housing is not too expensive here since labour is fairly cheap and a lot of development. The prices are for an area in a fairly well off area. I know there are 4 bedroom houses going for 300k in some areas
70 to 100k, in the UK that would get you little more then a shed

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
70 to 100k, in the UK that would get you little more then a shed
We had a decent house for around that. Here housing is a little cheaper. The guy across pretty much has a mansion for about 300k USD

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
We had a decent house for around that. Here housing is a little cheaper. The guy across pretty much has a mansion for about 300k USD
Three hundred grand used to get you something really nice in my area,a nice two or three story single home with detached garage on a decent amount of land,now here in the city you can damned near pay that for a refurbished row home with no private/off street parking lol.It's all about location but most of the new construction homes here are all cookie cutter plywood under vinyl siding.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Well houses can be a LOT more here. I just live in a cheaper area.

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
Got a friend in London who just bought a 3 bedroom flat for £600k,

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
That's alot of wood. Do ya'll use it all?
We'll probably go through another five cords before we stop using the stoves next year, although I'm hoping not. Over 80 degrees inside is too hot. When the stoves are cranked up it can get to almost 90 degrees inside. (It's crazy to have to wear shorts and tank tops because it is too hot inside.) I have to run three humidifiers and two distillers 24/7 to keep the humidity between 50-60% in the music room when the stove is burning. The old part of the house has floor vents for a kerosene furnace. We burned a lot of fuel and were always cold. The Monitor heater we purchased burned even more fuel and barely heated the area where it still sits next to the front door. The windows were always fogged over.

We are fortunate that we can heat with wood stoves--there are many parts of the country where zoning prohibits wood stoves.

Reactions: Frank Castle

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Yikes. Well when it hits 105 farenheit in summer sometimes heaters are not needed, and winters are not THAT cold, maybe a portable gas heater is all you need in some rooms

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store