Best reptile vendor?

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Hey all,

just a quick question:

Going to be building an enclosure this weekend for a rat snake, just wondering what the consensus was for the best place to order one from.

I'm clueless when it comes to buying reptiles online.

Thanks!

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
faunaclassifieds.com and find a breeder specific to what you're looking for.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Most exotic pet stores have them, and if they don't, they will probably order one for u

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
Lllreptile is a good place to start. Breeders can be hit and miss. Your local reptile show would be another good one. If your looking for something out of the ordinary then I would research and find a very reputable breeder. Like pacman/pyxie frogs I would buy from places like lll but for dart frogs I will only buy from a specialized vendors

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Most exotic pet stores have them, and if they don't, they will probably order one for u
I'm in PA, we have black rat snakes native to the state, which means theres a 99.9% chance its illegal to market them commercially. you can keep ONE caught wild with a valid fishing license here, so I doubt you can purchase them in state.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Lllreptile is a good place to start. Breeders can be hit and miss. Your local reptile show would be another good one. If your looking for something out of the ordinary then I would research and find a very reputable breeder. Like pacman/pyxie frogs I would buy from places like lll but for dart frogs I will only buy from a specialized vendors
I only want a black rat snake haha, nothing fancy. I'm real big into keeping NA natives, especially PA natives, designing him a giant enclosure complete with tree, homemade rock hide, and semi-natural bedding.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
I only want a black rat snake haha, nothing fancy. I'm real big into keeping NA natives, especially PA natives, designing him a giant enclosure complete with tree, homemade rock hide, and semi-natural bedding.
Ted Thompson is located out there by you, I know him personally and his stock is phenomenal, but it's illegal to buy or sell Black Ratsnakes in PA, so you will have to catch your own.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Ted Thompson is located out there by you, I know him personally and his stock is phenomenal, but it's illegal to buy or sell Black Ratsnakes in PA, so you will have to catch your own.
is it not like native fish? cannot buy out of state and have them sent here? When I checked the laws it was.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store