RTM breeding edmonton alberta

Djglenn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2015
Edmonton alberta
I just got your msg now as monsterfishkeepers browser was down again, I'll give you a call tonight after family leaves from dinner.

Djglenn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2015
Edmonton alberta
My RTM have fattened up and coloured up a lot and started to build a nest at the other end of the aquarium. so I'll assume there getting ready to spawn, there now eating 4 herring a day and two blood worm cubes each. That are in a what I believe is a 70 gallon aquarium, I'm looking to trade them for a larger aquarium to house my other predatory fish. These two breed way to often for me which means much much more work. I don't mind once and a while and selling the fry but every month like clock work is to much. I'll sell this batch off and if they spawn as soon as I think. I'll finish that batch and let them go as soon as the fry are free swimming

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
I have a to check what we have sitting around here for larger tanks. What do you consider a large tank. Breedind once a month like that is quite normal as that is the routine our Trimacs are one right now. Wouldn't be so bad if they only had like 50 fry at a time but 500 to a 1000 gets to be a bit much. Not sure how you look at this way of thinking but you can use the fry as food. If you really want to get rid of this pair or their fry let me know and will try super hard to meet with you on Tuesday. We can bring you money to put toward a large tank if I can't find one around here. There is a guy who builds custom tanks in Edmonton his first name is neil I can try and get his info if you would like.

Djglenn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2015
Edmonton alberta
I have Thursday Friday off so far if the other guy doesn't call in again. I took some photos front and side view to give you a better look. She wouldn't give me a front view, both are getting nice and fat eating more every day. I just pound the food to them until they lose interest.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

jjt1

Feeder Fish
Oct 19, 2014
Canada
Very interested in a few fry as I'm trying to source a female for my male. I'm in Alberta as well - Olds.

Djglenn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2015
Edmonton alberta
Wild bill I believe is after the whole bunch including the breeding pair. Shoot him a msg and see what he says, I don't want to make agreements and offend any one by selling of stock before he gets a chance to pick them up. He also has many other species of cichlids available :)

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
Yes I sure am just working on a meet up and a tank for you. When this comes together though I will gladly share with others. Diglenn it sounds like you may have gotten our friends RTM. How ever another friend of ours in Edmonton is getting some as well.

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
I don't think so do they have another name.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store