I did the "impossible". two adult male rescued pits together

syddakyd

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2008
NY
the black I got from a shelter 3+ years ago. hes about 4 1/2. the white one I had for a month now. hes almost two.

if you are not familiar with these breeds rough housing is in their nature. The black one is off-leash as I have trained him properly. he was beaten and abused prior to me and a year + in the shelter. the white one was a stray my sister brought to the shelter....no one claimed him and it turns out it was high kill. I said ill take him. it was a few days before my 30th so I saw it as a sign. it was rough at first lol...

Reactions: lekkiandgas

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
Good luck with your dogs. Mixing adult males is very tricky, I would definitely not leave these guys unattended for some time, if at all. APTs are such an awesome breed. Have you raised APTs in the past? Good job adopting them.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
I thought rough housing was in every dogs nature.

They look great. It's nice to see properly trained owners.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I thought rough housing was in every dogs nature..
Rough housing might be in every dog's nature but few other breeds do it and enjoy it the way that pits do...The white one reminds me of my Sting from years ago.

syddakyd

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2008
NY
Rough housing might be in every dog's nature but few other breeds do it and enjoy it the way that pits do...The white one reminds me of my Sting from years ago.
bingo.

syddakyd

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2008
NY
Good luck with your dogs. Mixing adult males is very tricky, I would definitely not leave these guys unattended for some time, if at all. APTs are such an awesome breed. Have you raised APTs in the past? Good job adopting them.
the black is amastaff x apbt. I had him for 3 years. prior to that boxers.

syddakyd

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2008
NY

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
Best thing you can do is socialize, socialize and socialize. Keep in mind temperament will change as dogs mature, even into the senior years.

syddakyd

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2008
NY
I got this. you should see what I started with. I keep a break stick on hand just incase.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Looks like your doing great so far , just keep your eye on them and like others said dont leave them together unattended , my mother inlaw has just had a nightmare fight break out between her two staffy x pits over a bag of treats she dropped , both dogs and her have ended up bleeding she's been bitten quite badly on her foot and hand :(
I too am going through a difficult stage with my male shar pei fighting for alpha with bigger dogs so hes back on the long lead at the min

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store