Game pellets

Mike From Ohio

Feeder Fish
Jul 27, 2015
Has anyone every used game fish food to feed their natives?
Game Fish Chow particles are like cement and will even ruin a coffee bean grinder.

AquaMax has Fry Powder, 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, and Largemouth

Its great for fish production and has excellent feed conversion ratios. Its not for all species though, it was designed for common aquaculture operations.....trout, bass, cat, tilapia, bluegill, yellow perch, sunfish, and some hybrids........these would be with the grow-out diets, like 500 and 600.
The starter and fingerling diets, like the fry powder, 100, 200, 300, are all great for certain species in aquariums, they are all sinking & slow sinking pellets. The 400 is 50/50 sink/float.
The 100 is a crumble...slow sinking if scattered on the surface......or you can pinch it together and it drops to the bottom quickly.
The 200, 300, 400, 500, and 600 are all extruded pellets which means your water column stays clear.

Most of the Aquamax has recently been reformulated. Maybe someone can help me with this one- some of the starter diets now have soy protein isolate. Is this good for fish?

The Gamefish Chow is very dusty btw, a lot of fines, probably from the Quikrete, and not good for tanks.

fatboy8

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2012
Philadelphia
I used them for the duration I had my rainbow trout. Obviously the trout seemed to like them but I was clueless as to the brand or the nutrition values of it. I think if I would of known that it would of dictated what I fed them. Also had a very foul Smell to it. Wasn't sure if that was from the bag being opened at the nursery or just how it was.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store