Motoro Pup

KyleK

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 24, 2015
Well I picked up a pair of motoro sting rays, and had a pup thrown into the deal that wasnt eating very well.
I must say I TRIED EVERYTHING seen on the pinned posts.. it didnt eat for DAYS and was already thin when I got it..

But I thought I would share success with a food I havent seen mentioned yet. Nutrigel with Krill! the pup is in a tank by himself so I can monitor what he is eating, I tried earth worms, blackworms EVERYTHING but the nutrigel dissapeared quickly.. now two weeks in and it is still going strong not out of the woods yet but almost

Reactions: harris522

KyleK

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 24, 2015
Nutrigel is basically a bonding agent that has vitamins and protien. Sold in 100g and larger sizes. Should be available in the US I can see it also on amazon.

Basically you boil water and mix nutrigel with ingrediants of your choice (I chose krill and garlic guard) it forms a gel that you can cut into sizes you wish and freeze. Keeps indefinitely.

When you put it in the water it makes no mess

The bigger rays enjoy it as well irc the gel has 50% protien

KyleK

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 24, 2015
When I picked up blackworms at my local LFS they gave me some that they fed to some of their fish to try and the pup took too it almost right away.

Might be a good option when earth worms or blackworms arent available!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store