Anybody into weight lifting/body building?

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
I do Wendler 531, have done for a while now; I used to want to be bigger and bigger, but I've got over it, I just want to be stronger and athletic now, especially having just gotten back into climbing :)

I agree with the food part, I can put on weight (I.e. 95% fat) super easily; I have to limit my intake to stay trim haha

david yurik

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2011
northeast ohio
Bump because I squatted 360 twice today! Any other "heavy" squatters on mfk?
Heaviest squat so far was 385 for 1
I could squat 405 my senior year at around 6'4" 190#. Can't squat anymore though due to back problems. Only high rep body weight stuff nowadays.
Good Lord I must be a cissy. I lost 65 lbs over the last couple years ( 6'1" 190 when cutting 205 when bulking) and started pushing weights in the basement about 6 months ago. I pushed my max bench from 185 to 250 using a variety of bodybuilding routines and then wave routines. My squat though is nowhere near these numbers. I work out with 135 and a pyramid up to 155 but would be lucky to get 200 once. How do you get such high numbers and strong legs?? You guys are BEASTS!!

david yurik

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2011
northeast ohio
Anybody do BCAA's or any during workout supplements?
I started with C4 ripped and it made things tingle. Like my ears or my face. It also gave me some energy so I used it all till the container was empty. I mostly stick to GNC AMP protein now. I got a free sample of BPI Sports arctic ICE BCAA and it tasted really good. I wonder how necessary it really is. Same for the C4. I think a work out buddy and mental encouragement might do just as much for me as a pre-workout supp. If you want to know the other stuff I tried send me a PM.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
use to curl 12OZ but the trips to the fridge got tedious, working 16OZ now. FEEL THE BURN!!!
honestly tho, never lifted weights. 26 years roofing kept me in shape, now I am more of a old guy with big boobs , biggish belly and a balding head. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store