cylinder nano aquariums

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Hi guys, found these stunning images while browsing today; please note these are NOT my images, they were seen on Pinterest with credit belonging to their rightful owners :)

Needless to say these are pretty cool!

cylinder scape.jpg

cylinder scape 2.jpg

cylinder scape 3.jpg

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Also, if anyone could share some insight; if I wanted to do plants such as ferns, anubias, maybe some moss and hydrocotyle, is it a case of adding fertiliser and small filtration to keep it healthy?

Fat Homer Fat Homer Manu8__too Manu8__too

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
Also, if anyone could share some insight; if I wanted to do plants such as ferns, anubias, maybe some moss and hydrocotyle, is it a case of adding fertiliser and small filtration to keep it healthy?

Fat Homer Fat Homer Manu8__too Manu8__too
With slow growing plants such as anubias and ferns, no fertilizer is necessary, just fish poop. LOL! Too much fertilizer will promote algae growth. In a small nano tank with plants, filtration is optional and not really needed with a low fish stocking density.

Reactions: Fat Homer

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
With slow growing plants such as anubias and ferns, no fertilizer is necessary, just fish poop. LOL! Too much fertilizer will promote algae growth. In a small nano tank with plants, filtration is optional and not really needed with a low fish stocking density.
Thanks for the response :) so on the basis that no fish would be added, i'm assuming very small quantities of fertiliser?

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
You could possibly still get away without needing ferts at all as long as there is light getting to the plant... Anubias dont tend to be very demanding plants, instead as Joe mentioned, algae maybe a bigger problem if there is too much light / ferts :)

Reactions: convict360

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
You could possibly still get away without needing ferts at all as long as there is light getting to the plant... Anubias dont tend to be very demanding plants, instead as Joe mentioned, algae maybe a bigger problem if there is too much light / ferts :)
good shout, I might do something like this down the road; I have an empty Marina 360 2.5gal sitting there lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store