Building My 50,000 Gallon Monster Mega Tank

fuzzlebug

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
scotland
Can we get an update, pretty please:) this tank should get regular updates and stock lists, its just so awsome, and the fact it's been going more than 20 years!! Truly an inspiration. Cheers!

Ilawis

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2015
Perth
Hey I'm in the design stages of building a mega tank and I wanted to ask. Are your viewing panels glass or acrylic also how and what did you use to seal them?

fuzzlebug

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
scotland
Hey I'm in the design stages of building a mega tank and I wanted to ask. Are your viewing panels glass or acrylic also how and what did you use to seal them?
They are 1" thick glass, can't remember what he sealed them with, it's mentioned in the build, but I believe it's silicone, perhaps ge1 or Dow?

vincentwugwg

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2013
New York Mets
Sir.. Thank you for sharing all of this with MFK. Your dedication to the hobby has inspired me for years! Owning a tank of this size is on my bucket list because of this thread. Thank you.

arapaimag

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Quaoar
They are 1" thick glass, can't remember what he sealed them with, it's mentioned in the build, but I believe it's silicone, perhaps ge1 or Dow?
Yes I used glass and GE1200 silicone.

There are some excellent tanks built on this site that used acrylic.

arapaimag

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Quaoar
Sir.. Thank you for sharing all of this with MFK. Your dedication to the hobby has inspired me for years! Owning a tank of this size is on my bucket list because of this thread. Thank you.
Very glad you enjoyed it and I'm sure your fish will love the tank when you build it and get it off your bucket list.

Reactions: vincentwugwg
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store