Aulonacara

MoNsTeR FiS

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2014
USA
Hi, I have some peacock groups in some 29 gallons and haven't had much luck with breeding them. I have recently been told to try aquarium salt in my tank but was not given the amount to use per gallon. Does anyone have an idea on how much to use or any other helpful tips to help me breed these. Thank you!

fishnatics

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Wisconsin
What size are they? How many do you exactly have? What is the ratio of the sex? What kind if you know? Some peacocks are harder to breed than others. I've never used salt to help them breed. Just good water changes and feed heavily is what I do.

Reactions: tlindsey

altum_angelfish

Feeder Fish
Apr 11, 2016
What size are they? How many do you exactly have? What is the ratio of the sex? What kind if you know? Some peacocks are harder to breed than others. I've never used salt to help them breed. Just good water changes and feed heavily is what I do.
that normally works but it didnt work on bristlenose plecs for me

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Hi, I have some peacock groups in some 29 gallons and haven't had much luck with breeding them. I have recently been told to try aquarium salt in my tank but was not given the amount to use per gallon. Does anyone have an idea on how much to use or any other helpful tips to help me breed these. Thank you!
i usually do 1 Tablspoon per 5 gallons of water, unless the fish are stress or wounded i do more.

Make sure your Male-to-female ratio is 1M : 3-5F

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store