What is the most gory death that your fish has suffered??

Oompa Loompa

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2016
Just realized I never posted any of my stories! I had a peacock eel, he lived in a paludarium. With a turtle. Well, the eel made its way onto the island , and thanks to some leaky silicone it was pretty wet in there, so it survived a while. I hadn't fed it because I thought it was dead so I don't know what it ate. Anyways, this fish essentially sat out 8" away from a heat lamp for probably 2 weeks without food and with very little water. It eventually died from the turtle picking it apart. Unfortunately I had that turtle for about 17 years, and she died last summer :'(

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
My rays chewed up a few rainbow fish and each time he does it he picks them up and hangs them on the intakes as trophies and then when I aproach the tank he picks them up and brings them to me. His total count is somewhere around 12.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Half eaten goldie, got stomach eaten by an ibis after part of the cover blew off outside

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
My rays chewed up a few rainbow fish and each time he does it he picks them up and hangs them on the intakes as trophies and then when I aproach the tank he picks them up and brings them to me. His total count is somewhere around 12.
yeah i'd probably have given up trying to keep rainbow fish with them, at the 2 or 3 mark

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
yeah i'd probably have given up trying to keep rainbow fish with them, at the 2 or 3 mark
I bought them as a school and he is usually ok with them but if I miss a feeding then he get a bit more predatory.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Having an ibis bite the stomach out of one of my goldies outside after the cover blew off ;(

butchie

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 3, 2009
orlando
I had a large lung fish, and he did great with other fish for quite some time. Then one night he bit a large clown loach almost in half. It looked like a shark bite with his 2 halves barely conncted.he was wiggling around the tank. It was pretty horrific.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Ouch

LizardQueen

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 19, 2016
Tucson
I had a large lung fish, and he did great with other fish for quite some time. Then one night he bit a large clown loach almost in half. It looked like a shark bite with his 2 halves barely conncted.he was wiggling around the tank. It was pretty horrific.
Sounds like Gus my arowana who was fine with angels and plecos for like a year and a half and then one night "Rawr ima shark" mode activated and now he is in solitary

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Had a 20" + rubber eel (Typhlonectes natans) get sucked into my FX5 canister filter. The 2 piece intake basket bottom came off and got sucked in a 5 foot tube into the canister. It was pretty gruesome. Eel was all swollen 2 times the normal size from the water flow.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store