Dniester River Snails: any ids?

vitaly

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2010
www.youtube.com
I went out to try collecting some fish on Dniester (Yes, I live in Transnitria now). But i only caught one sand/monkey goby and a bunch of these snails

DSCN0436.JPG

DSCN0437.JPG

DSCN0438.JPG

DSCN0445.JPG

DSCN0446.JPG

DSCN0447.JPG

DSCN0448.JPG

SnailGuru

Feeder Fish
Jul 19, 2016
FLINT, MI
The first picture is of the Banded Mystery Snail (similar to the Chinese Mystery Snail only a bit smaller) Nathan is correct.

The second picture looks almost like Black Devil Snails but it's hard to tell for sure.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
These look kind of like but not quite like mud snails I imagine they would be similar to pond snails as far as care goes

vitaly

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2010
www.youtube.com
The first picture is of the Banded Mystery Snail (similar to the Chinese Mystery Snail only a bit smaller) Nathan is correct.

The second picture looks almost like Black Devil Snails but it's hard to tell for sure.
are black devil snails similar to MTS?

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

SnailGuru

Feeder Fish
Jul 19, 2016
FLINT, MI
In your picture because the snails were darkened due to being wet, I probably gave a wrong ID. (Plus for some reason I associated the river to a COMPLETELY different region) lol

Upon reviewing some scientific reports, they're probably one of the many melanopsids present in that European region. They're sub-tropical snails like the JMS I ID'd earlier.

I have no other knowledge of the region, but I'm sure if the snails were thriving in that region, just take some tests/samples of their environment (pH, GH, KH, etc...) Take note of the substrate as well.

Most wild caught snails when placed in captivity thrive and grow fast but due to not going through an aestivation period like they would in the wild, they "burn out" and die sooner.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store