Picture time

thebiggerthebetter

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Thanks for not calling me names, like pedantic, wise guy (do you know the difference between a wise man and a wise guy?), know-it-all, and stuff... :)

My pike came from Wes and is aggressive but after an initial contact, it mostly loosens up. And it rarely inflicts any sort of damage. Mostly pushing other fish with an open mouth. Keeps to its corner.

What really ticks it off are aggressive and greedy feeders, like channel catfish for instance, who vacuum up its pellets. But even then, it's charging, pushing, puffing up, opening mouth, and very mellow biting, no or ~ no marks left.

Pike cichlid from Wes.JPG

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
The betta in the second picture in the first post looks like my Bruce does now.. He was an orangey-red colour which blended into a vibrant purple at the top, now he's a dark red on bottom and light purple on top.

Did your one start like that or was that a result of old age? :)

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
The betta in the second picture in the first post looks like my Bruce does now.. He was an orangey-red colour which blended into a vibrant purple at the top, now he's a dark red on bottom and light purple on top.

Did your one start like that or was that a result of old age? :)
Believe it or not, this the same fish two years earlier haha
image.jpeg

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
I have this picture of this riv I tried to nurse back to health. Ate two or three times over two months. When I thought she was making my progress she died. :-|
image.jpeg

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Believe it or not, this the same fish two years earlier haha
View attachment 1191962
Wow. That's a HUGE change. I wish I'd gotten more pics of Bruce when he was young, all the photos I had were on a laptop that my cats knocked off the table and snapped in half :/. Here's a pic of him I took a few months back, he was lounging in one of his favorite spots under the bolbitis (sp?)

IMG_20160622_102615.jpg

Please excuse my terrible camera skills, and the algae on the glass. :D

Reactions: ehh
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store