What caused this? Immediate help needed please.

FinFun

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 24, 2016
20160626_125050_1466966606978.jpg

As a temporary set up this fish is housed in a 55 gallon with two angelfish, a black moor, goldfish. The other day the black moor had a weird spot as well. The tank is fully cycled. What are we missing? What can we do to save these fish?

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
At first glance it appears to be too much/many fish for a 55 gallon?

I also see what appears to be a large rock in the tank. This could do two things. Oneis to further reduce the volume and another is the fish may have stuuck it?

One thing that may not be a cure but should not hurt is to do a series of 15% to 20% water changes.

Reactions: CarpCharacin

FinFun

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 24, 2016
At first glance it appears to be too much/many fish for a 55 gallon?

I also see what appears to be a large rock in the tank. This could do two things. Oneis to further reduce the volume and another is the fish may have stuuck it?

One thing that may not be a cure but should not hurt is to do a series of 15% to 20% water changes.
That's really not too many fish which are all small and it's temporary. He's going into a tank that's over 200 gallons but he's quite small at the moment. The rock is a cement decoration that is on the back wall. I did ask him to run his fingers over it to see if there's any sharp areas at all. To be safe he's moving him into a separate tank and starting him on meds. I'll will pass this all along but all and any help is appreciated. Thanks!

ECW

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2011
Oahu, Hi.
Pic is blurry. I agree with skull. To me it looks like he injured himself on something. Maybe he tried to jump out? Or freaked out and banged himself on that cement decoration. Something... Up the water changes. Add salt if you'd like.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
looks like a pretty good crash, and being a jardini that was most likely what it was. Add salt, up water changes to daily 25% as my suggestion. He'll be fine in a little while.

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
agree looks like possible injury with those marks but a better picture would be helpful

FinFun

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 24, 2016
Its really hard to get a goods photo, he doesn't stop moving lol. Thank you for all the replies. He's been moved just incase and is doing well. Fingers crossed.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store