waterproofing masonry/concrete pond ??

digginrays

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2008
lake norman
Do any members have any experience waterproofing a masonry/concrete indoor pond? I haven't read the best reviews on pond armor. I need s a system that's fairly easy to apply without buying specialty sprayers to apply the product..thanks in advance for any assistance.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
oh...you don't want the sprayer.....I would have said there's a material called "Gunite" they use for pools....pretty remarkable stuff

MHDevelopments

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 13, 2014
Suffolk
www.m-h-developments.co.uk
Fibre glass/gel coat. In the UK there's plenty of firms that will come out and fibreglass your brick/concrete pond, you can of course do it yourself as well

digginrays

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2008
lake norman
I completed the pond using sani-tred liquid rubber base with 2 coats of pond armor..very expensive but should be trouble free. the pond is cycling now!

Swampgorilla

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2016
I just completed lining the inside of a 71 gallon galvanized tank with Pond Shield.

The 1.5 quart kid was adequate to apply two coats to the inside of tank with VERY LITTLE excess left over.

Cost me $75 to $80 just to do this relatively small tank I have - so if you have something larger - I feel your pain.

But I will say - that as long as this Pond Shield keeps sticking and holds up - it's great stuff. It was very easy for me to work with and damn - it LOOKS great.

davemal

Piranha
MFK Member
May 15, 2007
Neath
fish safe tanking slurry. I have used it on customers ponds works very well. Much cheaper than fiber glass, if applied correctly wont peel like pond paint. Its commonly used on massive projects. 25kg tub over her costs £25 and it goes a long way. Also I use k.a. because it is "self healing".

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store