mean joe green and goldie locks

peter predtank

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2015
peterborough ontario
just thought i would update this thread these two are still doing great . in these particular pics they were very light colored , but this changes frequently . personally i like when there showing a little darker coloration . pics were taken right after a water change . unfortunately as sometimes happens after a water change the water went a little cloudy .

notice Mean Joe has what appears to be a M and perhaps the rest of his name , in a tattoo gone wrong on his side lol . im hoping these markings stay .so far so good as they have been there for some time just a coincidence but kinda cool .
enjoy :)

DSC03124.JPG DSC03178.JPG DSC03170.JPG DSC03181.JPG

peter predtank

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2015
peterborough ontario
these guys have just recently started fighting harder then they ever have before , and this time it was goldie giving the boots to mean joe . goldie is smaller then joe and has always been the subordinate fish .
but holy smokes today goldie was chasing joe around like crazy so fast . there maneuverability is amazing they fly around so fast your eyes have a hard time flowing them . they were locking lips and you can see the bite marks on mean joe in the pics .
im going to make some kind of shield to put around the heaters cuz im getting worried they could break them .
DSC03424.JPG DSC03407.JPG DSC03370.JPG

Reactions: bassinmike85

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
I would guess they are both male.
A 3rd and or 4th bass would help distribute that aggression.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store