Wolf fish cohabitation?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Likely hard to tell. The ones I'm interested to see are the "choco" which maybe from tapajos. The color is more like the red and brown sand mixing there. As some fish will have this coloring. But don't think collection points can be verified.

Just my thinking on it.

greenerinks

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2014
Shanghai, China
Thanks for the input, indeed this guy is probably half the size of both my mala and Aimara. I previously had a larger Mala before that fought endlessly with the smaller Mala. They seemed to hate each other and was also probably the cause to why my red Arowana spazzed out and jumped to his death. I'm still on the wall about it. As for the rio tapajos variant, looks more sand ish color mixing like you mentioned. I know of 3 variants that they sell here possibly more.

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Out of curiosity, are there any distinction between Curupira from Rio Tapajos compared to the normal ones?

Couldn't really tell from the pics except sleeker body shape?
The sleekness is cause it just needs to eat lol. As for the color that isn't anything imo, my curu turns bunch of different shades. 2nd and 3rd pic are seconds apart
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Jrp0405

Jrp0405

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 23, 2011
Mi
Had a hard time finding anything decent sized for dithers in the area...so I added 3 convicts for food after qt. It's been over a week and they are still alive, just beat up. Really helped the aggression from the curu, the mala is doing much better.

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Good to hear. You just needed something else that can distract him, before the mala was getting all the aggression, that's what you want to avoid.

Reactions: Jrp0405
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store