Where to get shipping container?

CarpCharacin

Probation Member
Probation Member
Sep 20, 2014
Salt Lake City
I am posting this here and not in the lounge because it is fish related. I am trying to find a 10ft shipping container to put my fish room in. Even if i were to buy it new (which i am not going too) it will still be cheaper than building something. I have checked craigslist and KSL and they are all expensive. I remember in october of 2015 I saw a place that was selling them for really cheap (350-400 dollars). I have been looking online for hours and I still can not find that place or any place that is selling them for cheap. There are virtually no 10ft containers on craigslist. There are just 40ft ones, 20ft ones and 8ft ones that are more expensive than the 20ft ones. Does anyone know where i can get a cheap container to put my tanks in?

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
I am posting this here and not in the lounge because it is fish related. I am trying to find a 10ft shipping container to put my fish room in. Even if i were to buy it new (which i am not going too) it will still be cheaper than building something. I have checked craigslist and KSL and they are all expensive. I remember in october of 2015 I saw a place that was selling them for really cheap (350-400 dollars). I have been looking online for hours and I still can not find that place or any place that is selling them for cheap. There are virtually no 10ft containers on craigslist. There are just 40ft ones, 20ft ones and 8ft ones that are more expensive than the 20ft ones. Does anyone know where i can get a cheap container to put my tanks in?
Storage unit?

CarpCharacin

Probation Member
Probation Member
Sep 20, 2014
Salt Lake City
You could buy a small steel building for under $10,000 and it would be far bigger and far better then a shipping container http://www.ebay.com/itm/kit-buildin...651643?hash=item2113d511fb:g:HygAAOSwv1RUZVYK or something like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Outdoor-Sto...hash=item4642768686:m:mty46toYxzLVXVrEvA26f0w
I don't have $10,000. I need it to have a floor and i need to be able to insulate it. Could i fit 3 double 40 stands on one side of a 10ft container after i have insulated and paneled it?

Ocean Railroader

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2010
Richmond VA
There are a lot smaller steel buildings and a lot of sheds in in my area that are lot smaller then the building I linked you too. The steel building I linked here is equal in size to four to five shipping containers. There are also dozens of smaller and cheaper types of sheds and steel buildings that are wood or steel. If you ask the company what you need they can get you some custom made at a low price.

I have a degree in City Planning. And if you set up a shipping container in a residential area that is not on a farm or on a large acreage lot. The city or town Zoning department can get mad and possibly place fines on it. You also have check local zoning on if you can bring in a shipping container.

CarpCharacin

Probation Member
Probation Member
Sep 20, 2014
Salt Lake City
I checked zoning a while back and it is fine. I am going to set up a 10' shipping container. I want to get a used 10' container for cheap. Does anyone know where I can get one?

Brent419

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2014
Toledo OH
Why not go with the 20' unit since that is what is available? Will give you more room to add more tanks and supplies later as your collection grows (I think you know it will! We all have the same sick passion in this group!)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store