Razzo

Piranha
MFK Member
May 18, 2008
Northern Indiana
Hey guys, just an update on my 40-gallon calvus tank. The dominant male, Palau, and one of the females paired up and started attacking the others, one by one. First target was the subdominant male. I saved him before too much damage and re-homed him in the 240-gallon frontosa tank. The two other females were next on their hit list. I was able to save one (which is in the 240 also) and lost one. Palau and his GF then had the tank to themselves and I found the female in my filter when I got home from vacation :( Not sure if Palau turned on her - I forgot to put the strainer on the filter intake after a photo shoot - didn't think that would have been a problem?

So, in advance of adding some new tank mates for Palau, I re-aquscaped his tank with some boulders we got from our vacation to Lake Superior, in Michigan's UP, earlier this month. Also collected some colorful pebbles in the surf. So, this aquscape has special meaning for me :)

Left side

Right side

Palau is hiding out in fear after rescaping the tank. Here's a couple of my favorite pics of him from the previous scape (hope to get some nice shots of him with the new scape):

Razzo

Piranha
MFK Member
May 18, 2008
Northern Indiana
Seems like a good excuse to sneak a couple vacation pics into a fish post. It's loosely related, it's where I got the rocks :)

Lake Superior Sunrise one of our mornings (Marquette, Michigan UP)

Sailing on Superior with my son on a "Tall Ship" 1933 Coaster - this was such a beautiful experience!

Our son chatting with the crew and enjoying the experience

One of the many water falls we found on our hikes

Me and my girlfriend (my beautiful wife of 25 years)

She's also my hiking buddy

Such a beautiful place to visit. Hope you like :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store