SILLIEST thing you have ever done as a beginner!

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Ouch

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa

Red_Man

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2010
Indiana
When I was 8 I got a complete 29g set up for Christmas. I had the fish bug even before then. Had the genius idea that I would catch them all and take a bath with them. So 75 degree water to toasty bath water and back to 75 in less than 20 minutes. When the truth came out as to what happened to all my fish I didn't have a tank again until I was 19 and living on my own.

19 and finally have my own tank again. Set the tank up. Cycled it. Went out of town so I held off buying fish until I got back. Got back in from vaca mid-day and went out after unpacking to buy some fish. Got home about dinner time. Plopped the closed bags with fish in the tank to acclimate. Stuffed my face with Taco Bell and passed out. Woke up to bags full of dead fish the following morning.

Reactions: GamerChick5567

Isaac'sTank

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2016
I had two tiger Oscars and a common pleco in a 25. I save all the fish and they all made a full recovery but the bigger Oscar had almost all of his scales on his right side bitten off by the smaller Oscar. I got rid of the smaller one and the other Oscar made a full recovery. Still have the pleco, he is about to upgrade to a 75 gallon.

Bluethousandand2

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2016
Got my first canister filter, the FX6 for my 125g, a couple months ago, and I was moving fast in the world of fish keeping. Back in february, I got my first 10g tank that currently holds electric yellow cichlid fry that I have to get rid of soon. So here I am, setting up my first canister filter on my tank that is over 5 times bigger than my next biggest, and I power up the filter on my hardwood floor…

I didn't tighten the seals on top.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Got my first canister filter, the FX6 for my 125g, a couple months ago, and I was moving fast in the world of fish keeping. Back in february, I got my first 10g tank that currently holds electric yellow cichlid fry that I have to get rid of soon. So here I am, setting up my first canister filter on my tank that is over 5 times bigger than my next biggest, and I power up the filter on my hardwood floor…

I didn't tighten the seals on top.
yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikes. that not good

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store