www.pufferfishrescue.org

PufferCorps

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2016
hayward ca
www.pufferfishrescue.org
I thought I had a lot of tanks.
Thats just the adoption room. The Hospital / Quarantine / Puffer Corps Headquarters / kitchen has 4 more 10 - 40 gallons.

Reactions: harris522

monkeybike

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2015
So, I want to know what the "end game" is for these fish. Aren't you just contributing to the wild collection of these fish if you continue buying out the store stock? Do you plan on shipping these back to native waters?

Reactions: PufferCorps

PufferCorps

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2016
hayward ca
www.pufferfishrescue.org
So, I want to know what the "end game" is for these fish. Aren't you just contributing to the wild collection of these fish if you continue buying out the store stock? Do you plan on shipping these back to native waters?
I wish I could rescue more myself, but theres no puffers left within 100 mile radius from me.

When I started in January 2015, I had no idea what I was doing or where this was heading. I don't have an exact count, but I started counting in early February and have the receipts for well over 300 puffers In the first 3 months, survival rate was about 50/50. This improved as I learned more about how to care for terminal patients. Just trying to figure out what exactly was killing them was the first challenge. After weeks of guesswork, I launched an aggressive mandatory treatment plan against internal parasites for every new arrival,and fatalities were cut in half. The puffers that died in final rescues, died from complications due to long term stress from starvation at Walmart.
Of the survivors about 110 were adopted, some where taken in by my wonderful LFS and supporter when we were over crowded (96 puffs at Xmas 2015). We closed the shelter the day the last puffer to be delivered to a SF Bay Area Walmart was rescued, August 28, last year. We're open for emergency shelter for all fish. 53 puffer residents remain and are available for adoption.

PufferCorps

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2016
hayward ca
www.pufferfishrescue.org

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store