HELP! - Geo has prolapsed intestine!

aotechs

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 17, 2015
Columbus, OH
Keep the water clean, add a dose of salt, and wait and see what happens. The fish could have an internal blockage from what I understand. It might also be worth moving to a quarantine tank if it's getting hassled by others.

Empyreal

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
The thing hasn't shrunk at all but went from red to white I guess indicating blood loss. I hope it's not s vital organ

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
these are pretty tough. Some people have had success putting them in a qt and treating with prazi and epsom salts

Empyreal

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
Update. I decided to leave totally alone. It healed itself and geos is out and about with the others again eating. Still skinny and not out of the water yet. Thank you to all who replied.

Reactions: Charney

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
Update. I decided to leave totally alone. It healed itself and geos is out and about with the others again eating. Still skinny and not out of the water yet. Thank you to all who replied.
awesome I would still consider deworming him

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
How would I know it has worms?
only way to know for sure is by a veterinarian doing a fecal. Otherwise based on suspicions and where the fish are from and if they have ever been in contact with wild fish etc.

Empyreal

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
only way to know for sure is by a veterinarian doing a fecal. Otherwise based on suspicions and where the fish are from and if they have ever been in contact with wild fish etc.
I understand but why are u suggesting I deworm it? There's nothing pointing to worms? Like if u broke your leg and I told you to go get a flu shot lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store