120g ideas

Loginthesand

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2011
Snells Beach, New Zealand.
So I lost my fahaka puffer at the beginning of the month and here in New Zealand replacing him is nearly impossible, he was the first I had seen in five years. So now I have his old tank and im trying to decide what I can stock it with. The tank is 180l*70d*55h cm and it currently houses a leopard ctenopoma and a feather fin syno, both of which I would like to keep, unless they would interfere with a good stocking option. The tank is also quiet heavily planted and would like to keep it so.
At the same time I am currently building a stand for a new quarantine tank appox 80*38*38cm and have several small tank 5-15g and was thinking of trying my hand at breeding. I have breed cichlids in the past but found they were too hard to move on once they reached saleable size. I was thinking congo tetras as they often spawned in my wifes comunity tankor rameiraz cichlids as I had success with them early on in the hobby. Either way im hopeing to make a little money from them to supplement stocking the larger tank.
What you guys reckon any stocking ideas, breeding advice?
heres I pic of the tank a couple months ago will upload a current one tonight.
20160410_175241.jpg

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Easy to breed small fishes: endler's guppy, rice fish,cherry barbs, celestial danios.

fishfanatic80

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2011
Long island
Angelfish and Cory cats especially sterbais. I had a lot of success breeding sterbais and you can sell them for good money because they're on the rare side. Also you'd be able to keep your plants and have a nice community set up. In terms of angels I think koi angels fetch the best price and look nice fully grown.i know angels are considered cichlids but I feel like they're in a different market then South Americans and Africans. You won't make a ton of money selling angels but it's a fun breeding project and they have easy going personalities. All mentioned easy to breed and care for.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store