350G Feeding Video

knobhill

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
IN A PLACE
Cool, do you find the clowns fairly hardy?
Yes, they are hardy. I started with about (30) 1.5"-2" a few years ago, then added 5-6 large ones because I got a sweet CL deal. I lose one now and then so my guess is the group is back around 30.

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
Thanks, I have always been hesitant due to their ich reputation and cost, what do you suggest as a minimum group size?

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Eye candy of a tank. Nice balance between serenity and action. Awesome woodwork. Healthy looking happy fish. Nice video too - for my taste a good balance of full tank shot and personal fishy introductions. Couldn't tell if the plants are real but even if not, looks real.

knobhill

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
IN A PLACE
Thanks, I have always been hesitant due to their ich reputation and cost, what do you suggest as a minimum group size?
It depends on the tank size I guess. I think 30 1-2" is an excellent group size to start with, it will take several years for them to get to a decent size but that's part of the enjoyment. Once clowns get settled, they stay healthy. There are really two things that I know of that they are susceptible to: ich and skinny disease.

knobhill

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
IN A PLACE
Eye candy of a tank. Nice balance between serenity and action. Awesome woodwork. Healthy looking happy fish. Nice video too - for my taste a good balance of full tank shot and personal fishy introductions. Couldn't tell if the plants are real but even if not, looks real.
Thanks! Plants a fake. I'm going to go a new direction with the decor soon so stay tuned.

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
Absolutely wonderful tank! Some of the nicest bala sharks I've seen in there. How is the L14 doing for you? Apparently they aren't the hardiest.

knobhill

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
IN A PLACE
Absolutely wonderful tank! Some of the nicest bala sharks I've seen in there. How is the L14 doing for you? Apparently they aren't the hardiest.
I've had the female for at least 6 years (bought full sized) and the male at least 4 or 5 years--bought him at 6" and he is just about full grown. L14 is my favorite (don't tell the other plecos)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store