New to forums

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Thanks, I went with the African cichlids because they have nice colours, but I've also got a jack Dempsey in there now she's a beauty aswell although some people say you shouldn't but them together but mine has been fine up to now
Yeah i know that in time she will probably outgrow my tank, my friend had a 350 litre which she can go in once she gets so big, it will be shame to let her go though when then that time comes because shes probably my favourite fish
My hubby wants and African tank but I'm not to keen on getting cichlids since we lost our geo...

I plan to do an African river tank in a free 170ltr I acquired when he finally gets around to finishing fixing it. It will consist of synodontis nigriventris (I'm thinking 7-9 of them) and maybe a butterfly fish depending on the water quality with the synos... No cichlids though.

I don't know your financial/space limitations, but maybe you could look in the local buy and sells for a cheap larger tank if you want to keep your dempsy? Just an idea. :)

Reactions: Hendre

Bigboris

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2016
My hubby wants and African tank but I'm not to keen on getting cichlids since we lost our geo...

I plan to do an African river tank in a free 170ltr I acquired when he finally gets around to finishing fixing it. It will consist of synodontis nigriventris (I'm thinking 7-9 of them) and maybe a butterfly fish depending on the water quality with the synos... No cichlids though.

I don't know your financial/space limitations, but maybe you could look in the local buy and sells for a cheap larger tank if you want to keep your dempsy? Just an idea. :)
Yeah ive got a nice bit of space in my hallway perfect for a decent size tank, I've always said eventually I would have a predator tank there, so maybe that's where the JD will end up, if not there's always my friends 350 litre, but it will be a shame to let him go

Reactions: Kittiee Katt

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Yeah ive got a nice bit of space in my hallway perfect for a decent size tank, I've always said eventually I would have a predator tank there, so maybe that's where the JD will end up, if not there's always my friends 350 litre, but it will be a shame to let him go
JD's are probably one of my favorite cichlids. It would be a shame if you let yours go.

Reactions: Bigboris

Richard8oh8

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2016
Honolulu, Hawaii
Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum.. actually this the first forum i have ever joined in my life. My name is Richard, I am from Honolulu Hawaii but currently residing out of country. I have a 120gal tank, with 6 healthy bright Red bellies. They are about 6-7 inches now. I recently purchased a new batch of 10 Red Belly Fry and raised them in a 75gal tank until they were about the size of a quarter. I then moved the decor in the 120gal to offset the territory, and also gave the fry places to hide. I introduced them during the night and I woke up yesterday to only 1 fry left. Could someone give me some insight on something i could have done wrong.

MAHALO.
Richard Yee

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store