Gold Wolf Pack

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
I've found my golds in similar condition. They heal really fast. Very hardy fish.
I've found that to be the case with all wolves I've kept. Erythrinus were the most sensitive though. But yea I caught him swimming up too a few times today, but he goes down when I get close. Hopefully he learned his lesson though so it doesn't happen again, and now the waiting game, see when he gets used to me lol. Took my curu months.

QuDodger

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2013
My house.
Hey been a while since I posted. I've been really into all the tannin tanks I've been seeing around and wondered what was your take on blackwater tanks. Been debating getting myself some leaf litter from a site I found and going g blackwater for my tank. Anyone have any idea how much I'd need to make a 180 look natural?

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Why not fill like half of the substrate on a side and then spread it how you like, they constantly leak tannins into the water so should be sufficient, but from my understanding you have to have a bucket soaking them in for the next water change every time.

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
You mean I would have to replace them every water change.
You do. I tried almond leaves on my 180g and it was too expensive. I switched to peat moss instead. I also found that because I didn't weekly 50% water changes I would have to replace the peat every other week or even weekly if I wanted to keep the coloration in the water.

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
Not sure if it was just me but I down that my mechanical media got clogged more often with the use of the peat. Even though I used a filter sock it seemed it got clogged faster.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Good group of fish you got!

Reactions: QuDodger
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com