Updates from the 300

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Not too long ago. These faranah laps of today would of been called Guinea lap like infblue pic below. Guinean label not used anymore in the U.S.

downloadfile-9.jpg

Reactions: Polyaddict86

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
The great debate... what exactly is it? I have to go by what the supplier called it a 'Faranah Guinea lap'. I have seen pics of very similar looking fish called sp. dabola too. But What I consider a true sp. dabola looks different than what I have.

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
The great debate... what exactly is it? I have to go by what the supplier called it a 'Faranah Guinea lap'. I have seen pics of very similar looking fish called sp. dabola too. But What I consider a true sp. dabola looks different than what I have.
Ive seen some that looks like hao, vancouver and yours in the japan poly website that they being sold as dabola, kinda confusing me to, lolz.

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Dmd'S head look more endli like than that dabola imo

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
You think so? Why is that? Cause its wider?
From that angle the lip protruded like and endli, where as in imo laps bottom lip dont protrude as much as endli.

Looks lap like to me...
I wasn't saying it was an endli, I was just stating a difference in characteristic I noticed from the two, yours having more protruded lower lip I notice in endlis, however it is possible you may have a natural hybrid if you wanna get crazy lol but let's just make it simple and leave it at lap

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Its always fun when I can beat Polyaddict86 Polyaddict86 to the 'Bump-updates' thing, lol

Here we go new pics

Koilba

Weeksii

Faranah Guinea lap

Ansorgii

The pic Ive been waiting for...
The ansorgii and Faranah Guinea lap together

Why is this the shot Ive been waiting for?

Here is when they first came in on August 13th of this year

This is now

The lap was quite a bit larger than the ansorgii and was a bully toward it. Not now, the ansorgii has put on serious size and weight and the lap leaves it alone.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store