Hikari Bio gold - sinking ??

eeJamBOYan

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2016
South East Asia
If you soak the floating Cichlid Bio-Gold+ pellets for a few minutes and then slightly squeeze each one before putting in aquarium they will sink quickly. A bit of a hassle, but one way to get them on the pellet. Once they have eaten it a few times they may come to the surface to get the pellets.
So.. Has anyone actually tried this soaking and squeezing them pellets? I have to agree SINKING Bio Gold+ would be awesome though!

jwh

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2015
south ****holia
Now that we brought this back to life....
You can fairly easily turn any floating food into sinking food by doing the following
Take a syringe, remove plunger, fill syring with required amount of food, with finger over the tip, fill about halfway with water. Insert plunger and turn syring upright, remove finger and expel air as you would for an injection. Finger on tip again, pull plunger back, thus creating a vacuum in the syringe, remove finger, expel air, repeat (2-3x) until the pellets sink.
Works on freeze dried krill as well.

Imsobored152

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2016
Palm Bay, Fl
Now that we brought this back to life....
You can fairly easily turn any floating food into sinking food by doing the following
Take a syringe, remove plunger, fill syring with required amount of food, with finger over the tip, fill about halfway with water. Insert plunger and turn syring upright, remove finger and expel air as you would for an injection. Finger on tip again, pull plunger back, thus creating a vacuum in the syringe, remove finger, expel air, repeat (2-3x) until the pellets sink.
Works on freeze dried krill as well.
I may have to try this. I made the mistake of buying the floating pellets. breaking them up works, but makes one hell of a mess.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store