Don't get a glass shop to build your tank

tiger15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2012
SNJ
The glass looks thin for a tall tank. Hope it will last and you place in a non-flood vulnerable location. Good luck.

FESHMAN

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2015
Q8
The glass looks thin for a tall tank. Hope it will last and you place in a non-flood vulnerable location. Good luck.
If anything happens I'll be more concerned about the safety of my family than the floor and furniture. And the safety of my fish of course.

Reactions: GamerChick5567

viejafish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2013
Northeast
If anything happens I'll be more concerned about the safety of my family than the floor and furniture. And the safety of my fish of course.
Of course safety of your family is number one concern. But you shouldn't worry about it unless you have kids running around that can accidentally hit the glass, as I have never heard of an all glass tank explode spontaneously. The weakest link of a siliconed all glass tank is the silicone seal, not the glass itself. If the tank is made of too thin glass, the seal will yield first. A DIY plywood or cement block tank with glass front is another story. I've heard of explosion of the glass front due to water pressure.

Reactions: GamerChick5567
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store