Where to find a PAROON????

pelleeklund

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
The guy in Ohio is named Matt and I'm pretty sure he just ran out of stock. He said he will get more in, and he is definitely reliable. I'm sure he will take care of you as soon as he can. I waited 20 years between seeing one for sale (World Wide Aquarium 1996) until I got mine this year from him. And look at me now, living the dream and all. Good luck to you in your search.

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
The guy in Ohio is named Matt and I'm pretty sure he just ran out of stock. He said he will get more in, and he is definitely reliable. I'm sure he will take care of you as soon as he can. I waited 20 years between seeing one for sale (World Wide Aquarium 1996) until I got mine this year from him. And look at me now, living the dream and all. Good luck to you in your search.
Hah! Worldwide on Garrett Road was the first place I saw them years ago too.....man I miss that place.

pelleeklund

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Me too. I lived right across the tracks from it on Larchwood, I literally could throw a baseball from my house and hit the parking lot. Proximity to that store is probably why I've got 4 tanks running now.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Me too. I lived right across the tracks from it on Larchwood, I literally could throw a baseball from my house and hit the parking lot. Proximity to that store is probably why I've got 4 tanks running now.
I spent a lot of time talking fish with Jim Hall over the years.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Jimbo. Last I saw he was putting in some time at Nemos. Pretty sure he was behind them getting the Black Ears.
Oh yeah?....good to know he is still around and in some shop.I have not been by that place in a couple of years but I just might have to stop by just to shoot the breeze with him.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Do yu still know the guy who has paroons bro ?
Sadly no.True Parroons are very hard to come by anymore but there are plenty of black eared sharks out there.They look very much like their cousins

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
That sounds true, even with little I have seen around lately, I noted the black ears. Some fish, including paroons and black ears, seem to be become available sporadically, one time from many vendors, then for a long time from no one.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store