My minnow trap.

wckdkl0wn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
I made this minnow trap from a design that midnight did. Thought it looked awesome so I decided to make one. Made it a bit different though but roughly the same. =)

I used some 3/4" plywood I had left over from building my tank stand. I also made bait bags but I dont think anything could carry off bait if I didnt use them anyway. I'll try one bait bag and some loose bait in the trap and see how it works.

wckdkl0wn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Well I went and put it out. it floated some. But the top was just about under the water. So I left it the way it was. It should sink on its own over time. The top of the trap is water level pretty much.

Also for bait I filled a bait bag with bread and put some cut up cucumber.

I made it because I am curious about what all is in this area. I dont have anything to use feeders for lol.

wckdkl0wn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Well it used to be connected to the river. I walked a bit in the woods to find a spot to put the trap in. Come to find out the water isnt connected to the river anymore. Its mostly dried up just a little ways into the woods.

Did see some minnows swim by while I was fishing there today. They were about 3" long, very slender, and solid black.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store