My two Black wolves

jelly

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
Herts, UK
www.Hoplias.webs.com
I have two Black Wolves allegedly the same species but I think differently. The first was captured in Venezuela, The second in Brazil, Don't know the exact location.

First is very active and will always sit at the front of the tank. The second is very shy and always hides from me but is however extremely aggressive to other fish irrespective of size. I can't put anything near him.

Apologies for the dirty glass.

DSCF2886.jpg

DSCF2860.jpg

DSCF2833.jpg

DSCF2879.jpg

DSCF2864.jpg

DSCF2828.jpg

DSCF2825.jpg

DSCF2824.jpg

Cakilla

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2009
Illinois
they are really awesome looking fish I like the lighter colored one that would be kool to see a video of them I have never been around wolf fish.

I am trieing to learn as much about different species as I can just to be more knowledgeable , I find the easiest way for me to learn is through watching videos in some instances its the only way I have to get up close to examine how the fish truely are .. Great looking healthy fish though for sure :D

jelly

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
Herts, UK
www.Hoplias.webs.com
mad ness;3647249; said:
really like the lighter colored one.
Thanks. I prefer the colouring of the second one with the personality of the first one.

vamptrev;3647532; said:
dang they r bad!!

u need to do a feeding vid 4sure!!
I wiil give it a go. I don't feed live so it's not very interesting other than seeing them take down large chunks of trout.

benzjamin13;3647655; said:
Very nice!
Thanks!

Cakilla;3647668; said:
they are really awesome looking fish I like the lighter colored one that would be kool to see a video of them I have never been around wolf fish.

I am trieing to learn as much about different species as I can just to be more knowledgeable , I find the easiest way for me to learn is through watching videos in some instances its the only way I have to get up close to examine how the fish truely are .. Great looking healthy fish though for sure :D
Thanks, There are loads of youtube Wolffish 'Hoplias' vids the best being the aimara.

Tigriuns™;3647684; said:
i like the black ones... look more dangerous
Mine do take pellet...yours?
Haven't tried pellets yet but I don't imagine it would be difficult for the first one. He pretty much goes for anything I drop in. The second I have had for nearly two years and only tonight have I got it eating dead food.

LBathory;3647722; said:
The first is about 12" and the second 11"

gigas12;3647724; said:
Hi,nice wolves!
Thanks gigas. There is something about wolf fish that I really like.

caribemob

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2008
philadelphia
jelly;3648146; said:
Thanks. I prefer the colouring of the second one with the personality of the first one.

I wiil give it a go. I don't feed live so it's not very interesting other than seeing them take down large chunks of trout.

Thanks!

Thanks, There are loads of youtube Wolffish 'Hoplias' vids the best being the aimara.

Haven't tried pellets yet but I don't imagine it would be difficult for the first one. He pretty much goes for anything I drop in. The second I have had for nearly two years and only tonight have I got it eating dead food.

The first is about 12" and the second 11"

Thanks gigas. There is something about wolf fish that I really like.
my black doesnt move until night time, i think its because of the white gravel iam going to change when i move to black for sure

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store