Impossible to get?

BOTR

Candiru
MFK Member
May 5, 2006
Plan on ordering a couple P. Ansogii in a few weeks. I would also love to add a pair of P. Bichir Bichir, but they seem to be near on impossible to find? I haven't seen alot of disscussion about these guys, anyone have one?

Thanks,
Chris

is300zx

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2006
Bay Area CA.
I don't think a single specimen has been imported to the US yet. I think only Japan has manage to get some so far.

beblondie

In Loving Memory
Mar 31, 2005
chicagoland
see above

XRAYZ

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2005
Tucson, AZ
i believe toyin did have at least 1 few years back... dont know what happen to it though.
havent heard any recent reports. many people are looking for these :D

Infblue

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2006
US
XRAYZ;1183115; said:
i believe toyin did have at least 1 few years back... dont know what happen to it though.
havent heard any recent reports. many people are looking for these :D
toyin didn't have one either. that wasn't it.

XRAYZ

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2005
Tucson, AZ

Keeper of the Ropes

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2006
Texas
I found some Endlis on aquabid that I liked - I emailed the seller and found out it was
someone with MassiveAggression. We emailed back and forth, and he said he had a variety of species so I asked what he had. This is EXACTLY what he said:

From: Marrin1981@aol.com Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Subject: Re: Aquabid Endlis
To: serenghetti_wind@yahoo.com
these are the specie im bringing in, from 20cm-70+cm

retropenus
laparadei
endlcheri
bichir bichir
butokhoffory
palmas
koliba
ansorgeii

i dont deal with the vendor you spoke of but i know of them, practically only other african importer, but i bring them in once a month or so, i specialize in piranha and stingrays mainly, and other predators and oddballs.

Obviously I spazzed and emailed back, asking about the Bichir Bichir. This was in early Sept. Reply was:

From: Marrin1981@aol.com Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 22:30:55 EDT
Subject: Re: Aquabid Endlis
To: serenghetti_wind@yahoo.com
they wont be prices until landed, i have to make sure they come in ok and see DOA and feight etc. keep in touch though ill keep ya posted.

I haven't heard word since, and yes, I've been on his behind about it. Requested pics, quotes, asked if they were in yet two or three times...

So yeah. I think they're impossible to get.

beblondie

In Loving Memory
Mar 31, 2005
chicagoland
They appear to have bred them in Japan so its probably only a matter of time till they are farmed-Anne

Loubard

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 17, 2005
EU
Yes, there are being bred in Japan now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store