The first natives in the 110g

FisHaRNekEd

Candiru
MFK Member
they are starting to come out of their hiding sopts now even when the light is on! But i have not seen them eat yet, and they are starting to look a little thin, not dangerously, but i may get some shrimp or blood worms and see if they will react.

I have one that i think is too large, he is about 7" if anyone would like him, he is up for grabs.

muckieman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2007
georgia
oh ok srry not the best pic. any update on the fish.

fatherof5

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2007
WISCONSIN
Did you mention that you have TEXAS chiclids with them if so just be careful because my TEXAS killed my WARMOUTH which were together for 2yrs.

FisHaRNekEd

Candiru
MFK Member
fatherof5;1269031; said:
Did you mention that you have TEXAS chiclids with them if so just be careful because my TEXAS killed my WARMOUTH which were together for 2yrs.
wow, i can see that, the 2 tx seem to own the tank, they dont chase the other fish, the others just seem to "know" and stay outta the tx ch way when they come by. but the perch are about 2x as long as anything else in the tank...

FisHaRNekEd

Candiru
MFK Member
These buggers wont eat fish food!!!! I dont know weather to starve them into having no choice, or just get minnows so they dont starve??? Sunfish usually take to pellets in a few days, but iv had these perch for weeks. Maybe they wont adapt, and will always need live food???? The perch swim around the bottom in all the decor and plants, and seem to ve adjusted to the tank ( besides the ocassional slam into the glass as if they dont see it) and are otherwise doing well besides the food problem.

Im still giving away a few of them, before they get any biger, just pm VA pick up only.
here is the ad
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100658

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store