Anybody into Geophagines????

darth pike

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Korriban
I love Geophagines, I just don't have tanks large enough for them at the moment. Satanoperca daemon is probably my favorite fish. In the next few months I'll be setting up two new tanks, the current plan is to centerpiece Biotodoma wavrini as they stay small enough for my tanks.

dirtyblacksocks

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2008
Moreno Valley
Geophagus are some of my favorite fish - currently I'm going back towards Central Americans as I've acquired some large tanks and rare specimins - but have future plans for a 240 gallon 8 foot tank for some suriamensis and tapajos orange heads in the future.

I've bred quite a few of them, started with red humps years and years ago when they were still commonly sold at almost any LFS you walk into :)

Awesome fish - South American's are just all around nice.

voss345

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2007
ct
ive kept a few, i had jurapari, surinamensis, altifrons, heckel and red head tapajos

Will Hayward

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2008
Canada
www.alternativeaquariums.com
Beautiful Family of Fish. They are like the South American Frontosa. If I had a few more 200 gallon tanks I'd keep them. :)

They seem to be really slow growers though. The Red Head Tapajos in the store are starting to show some great colour.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store