SiverArowana comfortable in this aquarium

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverArowanaonly

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2008
india
i want to keep 3 pair of silverarowana of size around 8-10 inch in this aquarium of size 12'4'5 aquarium around 1800 gallon

i want to know the folowing

suitable tankmates [ CLOWN LOACH/BGFK/FH/American & New World Cichlids/DATNOID]
floating plants natural or artificial
food so that they develop great colour
gravel colour light or dark
amount of light[ALWAYS ON OR OFF AT NIGHT]

cockroach

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2005
Taiwan
from seeing some of the tanks on here i would say it would be fine.

as for tank mates, other south american fish-silver dollars,plecos, catfish, or mix it up with other suitably sized oddballs that don't swim on the surface.

i would go for natural plants as they look much more natural

i would choose good quality pellets for arowanas, live insects like crickets, frogs, worms

i personally prefer dark subsrate. looks cleaner, shows colours better and look more natural

as for light, set the timer on a natural cycle 10-12 hours a day

I like to keep everything in my tank as natural as possible for my bigger fish as i feel it promotes natural behavior, makes it feel more securs and with natural foods, more natural colouring

BTW, what is your filtration going to be, this too is paramount
just my 2c

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
You won't be able to keep three 8-10 inch silver aros in that tank for very long.

señor_pescados_felices

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 26, 2006
The Real Norcal
Bderick67;1698956; said:
You won't be able to keep three 8-10 inch silver aros in that tank for very long.

did I miss something?he say the tank is like 12'x4'x5'.....If I had that tank I would surely keep the three pairs of silvers in there with out ever really worrying about an upgrade, much less three......

I'm tired though maybe I misread:nilly:

PS to the original poster no fish should be put through 24/7 lighting that is considered a form of soft torture to humans fish should not have to be put through that.

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
señor_pescados_felices;1699222; said:

did I miss something?he say the tank is like 12'x4'x5'.....If I had that tank I would surely keep the three pairs of silvers in there with out ever really worrying about an upgrade, much less three......

I'm tired though maybe I misread:nilly:
Well within 5 or 6 weeks they will have grown and will no longer be 8-10 inch silver aros :D

señor_pescados_felices

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 26, 2006
The Real Norcal
yeah but they will still be in a twelve foot by four foot by 5 foot tank that holds almost one thousand eight hundred gallons of water......thats enough for 3 aros or even said 3 pairs of aros for life no?

I would start off with like 20 aros and maybe clear it out a bit if it started to get crowded.

I have a 250,I'm going to be getting around 10-12 silvers here very soon and I plan to keep them in the 250 for quite awhile,like at least a year.I will take some out if it gets too crowded.

I see no problem with the original posters plans am I missing something?

señor_pescados_felices

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 26, 2006
The Real Norcal
ah I get it,as I mentioned I am tired.

LOL, hehe,:nilly:, HAHA,:ROFL:, and even a ROFLMFAO for the comedy.

of course you cant keep 8-10" aros in there for long,because they wont be 8-10" for long.....silly silly silly :grinno:

TMDragon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
California
Haha, I misread too and was thinking the same thing. I was like wtf? I'll never be able to get a tank that large, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store