INDY DIY GUYS

mike dunagan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pendleton, IN
www.freewebs.com
This thread is to chart a few projects. You have seen the 110 stand that Pharaoh made and I finished. Now we are moving on to the next projects.

1. Three 4ft 120s stand

2. My fish room

3. Pharaoh's fish room

Please keep your eye out. The first part will be building the frame for the 120s. This will be done Friday.

I will add pictures of where the fishroom will be and Pharaoh's fishroom.

OF course there will be a series of project to finish this.

mike dunagan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pendleton, IN
www.freewebs.com
Zoom in on the pic and you can see the strainers. I painted them black. I can not find them any where now. I will keep checking because I need to make 6 more overflows.

I have also attached a picture of the area that the three 120s will be at.

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

mike dunagan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pendleton, IN
www.freewebs.com
So, I could not wait till Friday and Pharaoh came by and we build the dual rack for 55's for the underworld.

This thing was such a pain to get put together. I still need to level the top shelf just a tad. Something for later, but I have a few pics of today's adventure!

Stand measures 56 tall which is the base for the second 55. Under is 37 for the 1st 55, and bottom I can put some 10s or 20s, Right now it is storage! The Fishroom is just being started. I will build some more stands then wall in.

Pictures

1- some 2x4s
2-where the stand will go
3-Pharaoh (happy prior to building)
4-some progress
5-done with myself on it
6-me again, we had Pharaoh and me on it, but the wife was not home to take that picture
7-with one 55 on it. The second is setup in the the pictures from the 120 show room. They will be filled and setup with sponge filter Friday.

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

Picture 004.jpg

Picture 005.jpg

Picture 006.jpg

Picture 007.jpg

mike dunagan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pendleton, IN
www.freewebs.com
Fixed the level issue on the left side of the stand on top. I will move the 55 pictured first onto it this weekend. I will move all the buffaloheads to the 55. OF course not the breeding pair. They will remain in their sex palace 29!

More to come!

midnight

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2006
under a bridge in fl
mike dunagan;1842917; said:
Zoom in on the pic and you can see the strainers. I painted them black. I can not find them any where now. I will keep checking because I need to make 6 more overflows.
cant really see it
oh well let me know if ya find some more
:)

mike dunagan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pendleton, IN
www.freewebs.com
Well all, I went shopping. First I went to the family company and had mother n law give me some filter materials and some PVC cleaner and cemet. Then I went out and bought 11 packages of (6) scrubbies. I then went to lowes to buy some PVC, unfortunately we only carry 2 inch and then 3/4 and smaller. So I bought a bit of PVC for the 6 DIY overflows. I will add pictures. I also am taking some egg crate stole from Rallysman and creating a bottom for the DIY sump that JD_Man created and help me put together.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store