New Uaru (Nuaru!)

DaveB

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2008
Miami
Picked this lovely lady up tonight. She is totally out of place in my bedroom tank (with dats and 2 distichodus) but she is a beautiful fish and came cheap so it was worth a shot. So far the 12" distichodus, which is the undisputed king of the tank, has acted almost afraid of her. I don't want to jinx it but I definitely did not expect this.

Here she is hanging out in the middle of the tank exploring and meeting the smaller guy and Loretta, my jewel. Easiest fish I have ever photographed. She poses. I might have to go on a mission to track down her husband.

DSCN2000.JPG

DSCN2001.JPG

DSCN2005.JPG

DaveB

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2008
Miami
That one is a sexfaciatus. There's a much larger Lussoso in the tank as well, but the photos of him were blurred. You can see him here. The Lussoso is relatively mean but so far defers to the new girl. And she occupies the area of the tank I was wanting to fill too. It's great. Makes no sense having a south american fish in this tank, but it'll do for now.

DaveB

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2008
Miami
This is so cool. She just moves in slow motion, gliding from place to place, and wherever she goes the faster more aggressive fish just give her her space. She hasn't had to dart or nip or anything.

SusieQ

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2007
Killingworth Ct. USA
Hi there... Dave she is beautiful.... Now this is the 6 ft tank right.. how many gallons is it..150????... How big is she??? Good luck and hope they pair up for you... Sue:D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store