here's my s. elongatus

here is my s. something...lol i think he's a s. altuvei

tell me what you guys think! :cheers:

Diogenes

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2008
Birmingham, AL
yeah thats a great looking elong. Never seen one with so many little spots.

The S. something looks like a compressus to me. They're very similiar. Do you have a collection point? I may be mistaken but I think altuvei's are from venezuela. Comp's are from other parts of SA. Also the altuveis spots extend below the lateral line, where as adult comps usually do not.

Some great looking fish you got there...

jp80911

Dovii
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2008
NJ
nice serra. s you got there. the elong looks great

vinizuh

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2007
Canada
Diogenes;2866999; said:
yeah thats a great looking elong. Never seen one with so many little spots.

The S. something looks like a compressus to me. They're very similiar. Do you have a collection point? I may be mistaken but I think altuvei's are from venezuela. Comp's are from other parts of SA. Also the altuveis spots extend below the lateral line, where as adult comps usually do not.

Some great looking fish you got there...
thanks, yeah my elong is coming along well. as for the collection point of the s. something, i think it was peru if im not mistaken. i'll have to check into that. he is now 2.5 years old and is hitting the 8" mark

dudey

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2008
us
those red throat elongs always get me... Want to trade in my bm for one

looks great

Diogenes

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2008
Birmingham, AL
vinizuh;2867649; said:
thanks, yeah my elong is coming along well. as for the collection point of the s. something, i think it was peru if im not mistaken. i'll have to check into that. he is now 2.5 years old and is hitting the 8" mark
If it is in fact Peru then it's a S. compressus. There are no S. altuvei in Peru.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store